June 10, 2016

Reflecting on the 2015-2016 School Year

So I'm on day four of my summer vacation for the year. It was a good school year and I enjoyed it very much. At the end of the year I tend to look back on the highs and lows of the year and try to plan and make goals for the next year especially on things I can improve upon. Year 8 is in the books, but year 9 will be here before I know it! Year 9 is going to start off with a few surprises. Keep reading to find out the surprise I have in store for 2016-2017!
Today after taking the girls to the track, I decided to get some of my to-do's off my list. One was going through and backing up all my school pictures from this year. Every year I make a folder with pictures I've taken of my class. It was a fun trip down memory lane. I remembered my kiddos coming into my classroom for the first time, our field trips, craft making, working on literacy stations, and dancing for Cinco de Mayo. I realized how much they grew this year. From struggling readers getting on level by the end of the year and some maturing immensely.

I'll miss this group of littles so much especially since they will be my last group of 1st graders! I'll be a Kinder Bilingual teacher next year! I'm very excited! At this point in my career, I felt it was time for a change. I'm nervous because I feel like my first graders are so grown up compared to kindergartners, but I'm confident I can handle the change. I get to work with another Kinder bilingual teacher so that will be nice. She was my youngest daughter's teacher and I loved having Nevaeh in her class. I'm really looking forward to working with her. Our Bilingual Program is changing and it's a bit intimidating, but I'm hoping that all of our administration will be on board to growing and changing our program.

I am also excited about the changes on our campus. After two years of the safari/animal print theme at our school, we are doing a superhero theme next year. I absolutely LOVE comic book/superhero movies. Our family always watches the latest DC/Marvel movie to hit theaters and the shows on the small screen. It's hard for me to pick my favorite show or movie, but my favorite superhero has to be Batman! I am only  missing one of the DVD in the Nolan Black Knight trilogy and I'll watch them over and over. Anyway, I'm SUPER excited to be making over my classroom. I've got some ideas, but can't wait to hit Pintrest to find even more. Also, I've seen several superhero teacher t shirts that I'm looking to get. Next year is going to be awesome!

So one of the goals that I am setting for myself is blogging more. I would like to post a new blog every week for the summer and once the school year starts to commit to one blog post a month. Next week's blog post will be a step by step on how to create a project on Donor's Choose. I posted about it previously, but since I am posting a new project for alternative seating, I thought I'd take you through the process. I hope my teacher friends are enjoying their summer. If you're not on summer break yet, hang in there! See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment