September 11, 2016

#BHTeacherWeek16 Linky Post

I had so much fun this week joining in Blog Hoppin's Teacher Week challenge on instagram. It was lots of fun and I got to see lots of good idea, plus just getting to know fellow teachers. Click to see my #BHTeacherWeek16 posts!


Monday: Meet Me!
For those of you who don't know me I'm Cristina Gonzales. I live in Texas and am in my 9th year of teaching. I've taught in the bilingual program 8 years, 1 year in 3rd, 7 years in 1st and now my 1st year in kinder. I am a huge sports fan! I grew up watching boxing with my dad. Growing up my crush was Oscar de la Hoya. I also like to watch football. My favorite professional team is the Dallas Cowboys, but I love to watch college ball so my favorite team is the Texas Longhorns. Growing up I played basketball and I'd watch the San Antonio Spurs play with my dad all the time. I was in choir all of middle school and high school. Competing with my crew was so much fun. Now I get to watch my oldest singing in choir! In my free time, I like to read. At the moment I'm really into science fiction or anything to do with astrology/cosmology. I'm also a huge Happy Planner Babe. I'm obsessed with my life and teacher planner. It relaxes me! I'm a huge movie and TV show buff. I've seen every superhero movie and TV show. Aside from superhero shows I also love watching horror. My absolute favorite shows to watch and never miss are The Walking Dead and American Horror Story which will be starting soon. I love fall! I've taken up stargazing outside with my youngest. Taking pictures of the moon has become a hobby of mine. I'm looking into getting a telescope for Christmas!


My classroom theme this year is superheros so for the beginning of school, we discussed what a superhero is and how we can be superheros every day. The kids had some really good responses. Then we took these superhero pictures! The kids loved it!


My small group area last year was limited because I had 23 first graders. This year, I only have 16 kindergartens so I had a lot more room. I even had enough from to put this shelf by my table. It really is my favorite spot in my classroom!


Anyone who knows me knows that I hate color, love my glasses and I love short hair. My wardrobe consists of lots of black, white, and grey. I'll throw in pops of color from time to time, but I usually stick to those basic colors. I have 3 pairs of glasses that I love to match to my outfits. I have (you guessed it) a black pair, a white pair, and a clear pair. I usually have a long pixie but at the moment I'm growing it out for my daughter's quinceaƱera. Let's just say I'm counting down the days till I can hack my hair off again.


I have had the same 2 BFFs since middle school when I moved to a new town. We were all in choir and even now will sometimes sing our old choir songs! These 2 women are the best sisters anyone could ask for. My family even considers them family. I couldn't imagine my life without them. They've been with me through everything, school, teenage pregnancy, graduations, and my wedding. I love my soul sisters! I'm also lucky enough to have my teacher comsdres! I'm the youngest one of the crew, but I fit right in with these teacher veterans. I've learned so much from them and I really do owe my career achievements to them. I've been at a different district for 4 years now, but I'll never forget or stop missing working with these ladies!

So, that's me! I hope you got to know me a little better and I look forward to reading more about everyone else. I wish all of you a great school year and I hope you have all gotten into the groove of back to school!


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of students being superheroes everyday, and I'm definitely with you on a neutral wardrobe! Black, white, and a little blue here and there are my usual go-tos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids really do hold themselves to a higher standard when they think of themselves as superheros. It's amazing to see and so much fun!

      Delete